Connect with us

MLTD3222 Memorex lcd Tv

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Repair' started by Michaels3e, Dec 14, 2014.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Michaels3e

Michaels3e

Dec 14, 2014
    Hi Guys, I have this LCD that when you turn it on of course the picture comes up and then turns off MLTD3222 now it was always the Two caps that go bad .. but this one has 105j 630v Metalized Film Capacitors i checked the diode with the heat sink .. everything seems fine has anyone run across this problem? it's driving me Nuts .. heres a Picture of it Thanks a lot guys .. Michael

Attached Files:

• $_12.JPG
      $_12.JPG
      File size:
      24.1 KB
      Views:
  2. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    The big cap in the middle looks like it's bulgy.

3. Michaels3e

Michaels3e

Dec 14, 2014
    The big Capacitor in the middle is suppose to be bulging like that

4. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009
    only when they are faulty :)

5. Michaels3e

Michaels3e

Dec 14, 2014
    If you look that is a stock Photo.. The main Capacitor as you see in the Picture is always like that , it has 380 volts across it .. that cap is fine! I cannot find anything on this TV .. in order to fix it .. I refuse to buy another power supply, reason being.. that's not fixing the TV That's just replacing things , I wanna fix it . I wanna know what's wrong with this power supply and then in the future someone else can take a look at this thread and change what's wrong .. not replacing the whole power supply .. and help is much appreciated .. So guys , any other idea's? this is a tough one lol .. Thanks Guys

6. Anon_LG

Anon_LG

Jun 24, 2014
    Provide some more pictures, take 4 pictures showing each quarter of the board, some of the components are a bit blurry. You sould listen to davenn, they are made moderators for a reason. It is likely the capacitor is faulty, see this video. Overloads in electrolytic capacitors cause internal pressure. Look very carefully at the capacitors before they explode.

7. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    Please provide some more stock photos to allow us to diagnose your unit.

8. Michaels3e

Michaels3e

Dec 14, 2014
    Hi Guys, This is the original board I am working on in the pictures .. I never seen this before , The main filter cap is fine if you see the Orange caps those are the ones that we always replaced but those are the electrolytic caps . not the ones in the photo.. I cant find not service manual on this power supply and i sen very little info onfo this set. has anyone seen this set and fixed it? like I said swapping out the board is not fixing it .. I would like to know what component has gone bad Thansk for the help guys .. Stay Safe

Attached Files:

9. Anon_LG

Anon_LG

Jun 24, 2014
    missing IC possible.jpg

I can not spot any (visibly) damaged/broken components in there. There is a chance one of the integrated circuits has stopped working (due to over power etc) This may make solving the problem very difficult. The only thing visibly I can spot is highlighted in the orange ring, there is a sign indicating the placement of an smd integrated circuit however there is not one present, was there ever one present there? Check all of the capacitors, there are over 50 on the bottom board, and it looks as if there are several underneath those metal parts on the top board.

10. Michaels3e

Michaels3e

Dec 14, 2014
    There was none present on what you have circled ,, the thing is when you turn the set on the Picture comes up and you can see it for a couple of seconds and then goes out .. making me wonder if it's the orange caps in the corner just like the electrolytic ones that go bad.. the DVD in this set also works.. it accepts the disk .. so this set still makes me wonder

11. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009
    Those type of caps are pretty reliable they are NOT electrolytic caps

what about the 5 or 6 electros under that heatsink ( lower centre) ? they would be very suspect

12. Michaels3e

Michaels3e

Dec 14, 2014
    Well you might be right on that .. I seen a couple of post on it ..like I said in earlier post .. I refuse to replace the power supply .. in my opinion that is not fixing it .. I wanna know what is really wrong with it .. I will try that .. Thanks

13. Michaels3e

Michaels3e

Dec 14, 2014
    Well I changed the caps on the bottom of the power supply under the cage.. still the same .. I new that would happen .. Lost on this one ..

14. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009
    That long connector on the lower left of the PSU board, the one with the blue, blacks, brown, yellow and orange

looks like there are markings in the PCB as to what voltages may be present on what pins
    can you clarify that please and if you have done any measurements there ?

Ask a Question