Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Mitsubishi CS-352001A TV vertical issue

wiredog

Oct 6, 2011
I have a Mitsubishi CS-352001A TV I got from a friend who is just trying to help out. When I got the TV home and setup it displays a picture that is only about 5" high across the screen and the rest of the screen above and below that is black. There is no remote to the ATV so I don't know if there is an onscreen menu with an adjustment for the horizontal size. Any help/advise will be appreciated. FYI, I know nothing about TV electronics so if circuits must be checked or repaired I don't know that I can.

TghanQ

davelectronic

Dec 13, 2010
TV Repair

Hi there. unless your familiar with how tv circuits work, and understand the danger and hazards of high tention voltage, i would let a tv tech sought or look in to it for you, there are massive voltages in the back of the set. If you do understand and take the necessary safety precautions, then fine not a problem.
Dave.

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
I have a Mitsubishi CS-352001A TV I got from a friend who is just trying to help out. When I got the TV home and setup it displays a picture that is only about 5" high across the screen and the rest of the screen above and below that is black. There is no remote to the ATV so I don't know if there is an onscreen menu with an adjustment for the horizontal size. Any help/advise will be appreciated. FYI, I know nothing about TV electronics so if circuits must be checked or repaired I don't know that I can.

TghanQ

From the symptoms you described its a VERTICAL size problem NOT a horizontal one.
Vert adj from within the back of the set may partly solve the problem, but its more likely that its the vertical amplifier that is failing.
Now depending on the age of the TV that vert. amp may be discrete transistors or it more likely is an IC bolted to a heatsink with 10 or so pins out the bottom of it.

Now before I waffle on any more .... I couldnt find any specific info for that TV online .... is it a flatscreen ...eg plasma. LCD type or an older CRT tube type.
That bit of needed info will either my may first paragraph relevent or not.!!

Dave