Connect with us

MIT offers free undergraduate level electronics course

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by (*steve*), Feb 14, 2012.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    Go here.

They reckon it will take up about 10 hours per week and it runs from March until June.

From their web site:

It has some prerequisites:

Looks like it could be a lot of fun.

Naturally, anyone doing this course should NOT expect to find any easy answers in our homework help area, but you already knew that.

2. jackorocko

jackorocko

Apr 4, 2010
    You had me excited till I read that second quote.

3. (*steve*)

Jan 21, 2010
    Perhaps you can take a quick look at the sample examination papers for an "AP level physics course in electricity and magnetism" and see if you understand it.

I think this is more information.

Since they offer help with the differential equations (I stopped doing math at university when I realised I was doing it rote -- and that was the differential equations) that part should be easier. I guess you still need to know *some* calculus.

I just tried the sample test and only got 77% in the multiple choice. I think I need to revise some of that stuff :eek:

4. tedstruk

tedstruk

Jan 7, 2012
    I took beginning electronics in High school for about a week then they closed the class because circuit boards vanished and were replaced by ICs. Nowdays you only design the circuit, not the motherboard and schematics. sorry guys... can't help much! heh heh ha ha ha ahha ahhahhhha ROLTFLMAO!

5. jackorocko

jackorocko

Apr 4, 2010
    I would love to take this course, but the spring time of the year is very busy for me. I got a few projects starting up and though 10 hours is doable, the other 10 I would need to familiarize myself with the AP physics and differential equations is just to much for my plate. :(

6. BobK

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
    :rolleyes:

Bob

7. (*steve*)

Jan 21, 2010
    I agree 100%

8. GonzoEngineer

GonzoEngineer

Dec 2, 2011
    I design circuit boards and schematics all day long. I don't get your point.:confused:

9. Raven Luni

Raven Luni

Oct 15, 2011
    Free learning from a respected institution and a certificate - kick ass! :D

Signed up. I might need to get up to speed up a wee bit on some of that background but my 156 IQ has never let me down yet :cool:

10. (*steve*)

Jan 21, 2010
    I've got a brain the size of a planet.

But all the diodes down my left hand side ache.

Do the test on the site I linked to. It will give you a pretty good idea where you stand on the stuff (other than math) that is required. The multiple choice part took me about an hour.

It's pretty much high school physics AFAICT.

Ask a Question