Connect with us

Missing RF controller

Discussion in 'Radio and Wireless' started by Sophie42, Apr 28, 2016.

1. Sophie42

Sophie42

Apr 28, 2016
    Hey guys,

I have come into possession of an old Sir Galaxy robot. He is very lovely but he is missing his controller. I am wondering what my best option would be for replacing it. Would i be able to use another remote? or modify one? build one?

I cant really find much information on the toy, but he is basically just a moving walkie talkie. Anyways it would be great to get him moving again. Any info on this or a finger in the right direction would be appreciated :)

Cheers,
    Sophie

2. 73's de Edd

73's de Edd

Aug 21, 2015

Mme Sophie42. . . . . . .

I'm in agreement on the hand unit very- very likely being a citizens band radio on 27 Mhz spectrum to comply with the talking aspect BUT there is ADDITIONALLY either tone modulation or pulse width modulation of that signal to get the motorized feet rolling /or/ produce turn action, head turning, along with a blinking light /eyes action.
    The latter aspects are exactly akin to like effects of a radio controlled car of that era.
    One would absolutely HAVE to have access to another working unit to reverse engineer out its secrets for a replication .

The only unit I see is about $50 + half that amount again for shipping:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Sir...066245?hash=item2eee831f45:g:0iQAAOSw~oFXIRBW

That combination yields one working unit plus spare parts . . . . and a working unit seems to sell for $170 elsewhere.

Hmmmmmmmm . . . . .16 inches tall . . . . .thats no dwarf . . .as I was expecting.

Robots action:

73's de Edd

Ask a Question