Connect with us

Mirrorvue- Mirror TV with Android Box

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by DanTheMan1, Oct 30, 2012.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. DanTheMan1

DanTheMan1

Oct 30, 2012
    We have a small mirrorvue TV in our bathroom and I wanted to do a big electronic project for our entertainment room and add a wall-to-wall mirrorvue equipped with an android box so it can be used as a TV, picture frame, computer and mirror. Its going to involve a lot of electronics and I was wondering if anyone had any experience installing a large mirrorvue that covered an entire wall and if so how did you set up the android and how to set it up with wireless capabilities so I can change the channels with my universal remote without having to place the cable box in the same room.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

2. CocaCola

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012
    Why is this going to involve a lot of electronics? You are just setting up a monitor/video screen behind a mirror...

As for the remote, there are IR to RF repeaters that will take care of that...

In the end if you just setup a media center computer to drive the system and you will be good to go and you can use regular wifi equipment to integrate everything... A small profile PC does most of the work, switching between video sources and what not...

3. DanTheMan1

DanTheMan1

Oct 30, 2012
    Guess I thought it would involve more

The mirrorvue mirror tv comes with mirror and TV together. They let me customize the size of the TV and mirror but I guess I thought it would involve more electronic knowledge. For instance, I want to be able to show the same program on all my TV's including the mirrorvue mirror TV. I'm not sure how to set that up...I figured someone on this electronic forum could guide me but worst case I can call or email their support with any problems/questions.

Ask a Question