Connect with us

mini jack socket with 3 pins

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Repair' started by danteblitz, Aug 11, 2012.

1. danteblitz

danteblitz

Aug 11, 2012
    Hey guys,

Im new here and not too experienced with electronics, although I have tinkered over the years.

I have an AItec Lansing InMotion 7 http://www.productreview.com.au/p/altec-lansing-inmotion-im7.html which Ive had for a few years. I have always plugged my mp3 player into its aux port at the back (as opposed to ipod dock).

After a few years the aux socket died and I decided to open her up try replace the socket. I have successfully opened up and removed the socket. However I noticed that the socket only has 3 pins.

I have only been able to find replacement sockets that have 4 or 6 pins. When searching I have looked for mini jack sockets. Im assuming thet physically its the same socket as if this were a headphane socket (even though its used for aux input).

Does anyone know whwre I can find a replacement socket that has 3 pins. Its also worth noting that the flan face of each pin is perpendicualar to the socket (hope I explained that clearly).

Any assistance is highly appreciated.

2. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009
    hi danteblitz
    welcome to the forums :)

there are lots of different types of 3 pin sockets gonna need more detal and preferably a couple of good close up and SHARP and CLEAR pics so we can identify what type of socket it is

or a pic or 2 of the plug that goes into the socket

cheers
    Dave

3. KJ6EAD

KJ6EAD

Aug 13, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2012
Ask a Question