Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Mini-Amplifier

reddclay

Feb 25, 2013
Hello,
I have no experience in electronics but I am interested in building a mini-amplifier with reverb settings so I can play my flutes outdoors just like this http://www.litek.com/

I would prefer to get a pre-assembled audio kit. Do such things exist?

However, if that is not possible than I am willing to learn what I needed to be able to assemble something similar.

Where is my starting point to be able to understand enough about amplifiers that I could assemble something similar? Books, online resources etc...

What would be the learning curve?

Am I correct to believe what this guy is selling is some self-assembled kit that is very inexpensive to assemble?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
Essentially it's a microphone attached to the flute going to an amplifier. However the additional controls look like filtering and perhaps even reverb.

reddclay

Feb 25, 2013
Yes, multiple reverb settings. Possibly delay. Is this something that can be assembled without going down a rabbit hole. If not, where to I begin?

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
The amplifier function would be simple and probably cheap. Reverb is going to be less so, especially if you're only going to build a single unit.

reddclay

Feb 25, 2013
The amplifier function would be simple and probably cheap. Reverb is going to be less so, especially if you're only going to build a single unit.

Do you care to elaborate? I've assumed what you've stated, simple and cheap. Do you have any resources to point me to?

Is this an appropriate forum to ask the questions?

Raven Luni

Oct 15, 2011
Native American flute I see :) I have one of those :)

Mini amplifiers are common enough. I havent seen any that come with effects though - only basic tone control. Reverb wont be easy to get. Analog versions are bulky since they require large mechanical components (spring or plate). Digital versions need a processor - they work either by software control or by convolution with a preset filter kernel.

I think the easiest way to get these things would be to get some guitar pedals - maybe put the functional bits in a different enclosure if you want to hide or save space.

Last edited:

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
Here is a chip that does the entire reverb function.

Reverb Chip

Not an easy build for a beginner though, 28-pin SOIC.

Bob

Last edited: