Connect with us

Mindprowler; New to the Forum

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Mindprowler, Mar 2, 2012.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Mindprowler

Mindprowler

Mar 2, 2012
    Been looking around for an electronics forum to mope around and this place seems nice, I was hoping to find one with a community made up of hopefully a bit less than 400,000 members. I'm a Canadian electronics student @ the University of the Fraser Valley from southern British Columbia (about an hour or two drive from Vancouver). I've been in the course for only a little over a half a year now so my knowledge of electronics doesn't extend far beyond JFET / MOSFET operation, I have yet to experiment at any significant level with microcontrollers or anything digital for that matter, I have a Basic Stamp Stack II but I've been too busy with lab assignments to play around with it. I've been posting actively on several forums for a few years now and I figured it would be fairly useful to join up with an electronics community and learn some ****.

Outside of electronics I'm very active in music and graphic design. I've been producing electronic music on my own for just about a year now and I plan on incorporating electronics into that in the near future (custom instruments / hardware etc). Most of my interests in anything are based around science & technology. I'm deeply interested in the applications of technology to biology and the future of this field. My long term goals with electronics are to involve myself in the field of bionics in one way or another, I expect this to become a much more accessible field throughout the next decade, the implications of bionics get me pretty excited.

2. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009
    hi there
    welcome to the forums :)

You live in a really nice part of the world. The Pacific NW reminds me a lot of the SW area of my own homeland in the South Is of New Zealand. deep fiords, glaciers etc etc

enjoy your stay and I look forward to seeing you take part in the various conversations

cheers
    Dave

3. Ian

Ian Administrator

Aug 23, 2006
    Welcome to the forums Mindprowler :D. You've come to the right place (although I am a little bias ;)).

Ask a Question