Connect with us

Microscope cable

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Repair' started by DesCall, Jun 27, 2013.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. DesCall


    Jun 27, 2013
    Hello Forum,

    I have an electronic Nikon microscope with a damaged FFC cable. The cable has the following characteristics:
    Length: 50 cm
    Width: 4.5 mm
    Number of component wires: 8
    Distance between component wires: 0.5 mm

    Nikon have quoted me £35+VAT for a replacement :eek:

    I'm hoping that someone will be able to point me towards another cheaper source for a suitable item (I'm based in the UK), since this seems like a lot of cash for a seemingly simple thing. I've searched the internet but this is not my field and I'm hoping someone can help. Alternatively, I'm guessing that I could cut out the damaged bit and purchase a suitable cable connector? Many thanks in advance for any help.

    Best regards,
  2. davenn

    davenn Moderator

    Sep 5, 2009
    welcome to the forums :)

    what's a FFC cable ?
    decribe its use on the microscope
    what voltages does it carry?

  3. alfa88


    Dec 1, 2010
    Flexible Flat Cable maybe?

    Not sure if this would work but maybe use a section of old floppy drive/ hard drive cable?
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2013
Ask a Question
Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?
You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.
Electronics Point Logo
Continue to site
Quote of the day