Connect with us

Microcontroller debugging

Discussion in 'Microcontrollers, Programming and IoT' started by electronicsLearner77, Feb 23, 2017.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. electronicsLearner77

electronicsLearner77

Jul 2, 2015
    I am facing run time issues while running the code. To trace such issues i developed one serial port program from which I can send data. Now my question is i want to receive this data on computer and display in the form of gui. What tools can I use for gui. Please suggest.

2. OBW0549

OBW0549

Jul 5, 2016
    If you Google the phrase, "terminal emulator" lots of choices come up, for Windows, Linux and Mac.

On Windows I use PuTTY and TeraTerm. On the Mac, I use CoolTerm.

hevans1944 likes this.
  3. electronicsLearner77

electronicsLearner77

Jul 2, 2015
    I am bit confused about this i have no serial rs232 or D type connector on the pc. How should I connect the terminal emulator to receive. Can you briefly explain the connections from the pc to controller.

4. OBW0549

OBW0549

Jul 5, 2016
    If your PC does not have a serial port, just use a USB-to-Serial adapter to create one; any of these should do the job.

HellasTechn likes this.
  5. electronicsLearner77

electronicsLearner77

Jul 2, 2015
    The additional debug program is taking time and actual program is getting disturbed how to handle this situation? Is there a way?

6. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    By removing the debug program?

7. HellasTechn

HellasTechn

Apr 14, 2013
    There are many free programs that you can use for that. I personally use Termite serial comm program.

8. BobK

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
    Use the simulator to debug timing problems

Bob

9. Wilksey

Wilksey

Mar 3, 2010
    Often, with timing issues, adding a debug will "fix" your issues, this means you need to wait longer between operations, sometimes it will "add" time issues, this means it is taking too long, most common issue I see with these kinds of issues are processing on interrupt with a Micro.

Ask a Question