Connect with us

Microcomputer Information...

Discussion in 'Microcontrollers, Programming and IoT' started by The Didact, May 19, 2015.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. The Didact

The Didact

May 17, 2015
    Hi everybody!
    ...I'm new to this forum, but the community was big and looked friendly so I decided to hop aboard.

Also, I'm trying to get a project started and need some info. (Note: I'm not what you would call a n00b. I know how most electronic parts operate and have had a little experience with them. I'm just still at more of... a beginner stage.)

My project is this: a microcomputer, roughly a 2" cube, with a smartphone-level processor, RAM, and memory; also dual projectors built into the front and back. <- This is the tricky part. I need a minimum 720p screen projector in the front, and a keyboard projector in the back. It would, overall, have the power of a Amazon Fire Stick or Intel Stick computer, with the ability to run Linux.

It would also include USB ports, speakers, power/volume buttons,... but those are easier. My main three questions are this:

1. What's a good choice for a combined Processor/RAM/ROM combo? I know there are a lot of choices out there, (Intel, Qualcomm,...) but does anyone have experience with these?

2. The projectors: There seems to be virtually no documented info out on the web regarding these, nor on breakout versions of either. Any ideas or links you guys might have?

3. Linux. This ties into the first question, and depends on the processor, (Intel VS. ARM) but is there a particularly friendly choice for adapting to new hardware?

I know this is a lot to undertake and develop, but I hatched the dream a long time ago and would really like to see it come to life.;)

Thanks in advance,

Carter (The Didact)

Ask a Question