Connect with us

Micro-switch for DIN connectors

Discussion in 'Electronic Components' started by [email protected], Mar 4, 2007.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Guest

    I've recently bought a round 13 pin DIN connector (PCB mountable).
    I noticed that there's a "slot" in it which looks like it could hold a
    micro-switch (for detecting when a matching plug has been inserted or
    removed). If that's the case, what kind of micro-switch will I be
    looking for?

    Here's some photos I've taken of my 13 pin DIN connector:
  2. You might get by without it, if there's a spare pin, which can be linked to
    another wire in the plug so its presence is detected by stuff connected to
    the socket.
  3. Guest

    There's no spare pin.
    I need to add a switch, and was hoping that the slot would allow for a
    specific switch insteadof me having to modify the switch by cutting
    Any suggestions for a switch that might fit?
  4. I don't know of one, so I can't suggest. Look at each of your 13 lines. Is
    it possible that any one of them has a voltage or current that changes in a
    well-defined way depending on whether or not that plug is inserted? If so,
    you might easily detect it with a single transistor or FET, and that could
    be cheaper than a microswitch, let alone the trouble of getting one so
    specific. Failing that, look at a few cheap switches and think what is the
    easiest to adapt with minimal cutting of plastic.

  5. Do you know who made the connectors? They should know,

    Service to my country? Been there, Done that, and I've got my DD214 to
    prove it.
    Member of DAV #85.

    Michael A. Terrell
    Central Florida
Ask a Question
Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?
You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.
Electronics Point Logo
Continue to site
Quote of the day