Connect with us

Medical temp project (data logging)

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by justinmg, Dec 26, 2012.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. justinmg

justinmg

Dec 26, 2012
    Greetings all this is my first post, so be gentle.
    I am a medical doctor, but moderately handy with a soldering iron and a computer.

I have needed to measure temperatures accurately down to -60 deg C in, and have been using GE thermistors and a multimeter, and a pen and paper with good results. However I now need to measure in 8 spots once per second for 200 seconds. I`m guessing I need a USB data logger.
    I have found this:
    http://www.h-tronic.eu/product_info....html&XTCsid=4c48b1e2719cb2ef3cb7d23d7c5fc436

Would this suffice, or are there any other suggestions?

The next question is how to rig the thermistors. I`m guessing that they should be in series with a reference resistor between GND and a 4V rail, with the junction of thermistor and R1 being the analog V input.

The other issue is the range of temps gives a range of thermistor resistances of 6K to 1M. How would the R be chosen. I`m guessing about 100K.

Any comments or am I over looking something very obvious???!!!

Thanks

Ask a Question