Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Medical Alert Systems

christine

Jun 27, 2011
Does anyone know why we are picking up voices on my mom's AlertOne medical alert system? She has had two different medical alert services, and we have had the problem with both. Life Alert sent a filter to install, but that didn't solve it. Any ideas?

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
Hi Christine
Welcome :)

without knowing more about your mom's specific unit....

Many of those systems share frequencies with a number of other services, its quite possible it picking up one or more of them that has started up in your area

cheers
Dave

christine

Jun 27, 2011
Thank-you for your response. Is there anything that can be done? Would her satellite dish or cordless phone be a factor?

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
Highly unlikely to be the satellite dish.

The only (easy) thing to do is to go around unplugging stuff while the interference is present and determine if it is related to something in particular.

Once you know the source, it may be easier to suggest what you can do.

If it's another device transmitting on the same frequency then there may be little you can do other than separate them as much as possible.

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
Thank-you for your response. Is there anything that can be done? Would her satellite dish or cordless phone be a factor?

cordless phone is highly possible. medic alerts are commonly on either 433MHz or 2.4GHz. There are cordless phones on both those freqs, tho the 2.4GHz is more common.
It may not be your phone .... could easily be a neighbour's one

Dave

poor mystic

Apr 8, 2011
If it's picking up AM radio signals it might be a faulty connection, where copper oxide has formed a rectifier. This happens especially easily where wires have been twisted together rather than properly joined.

PS Sorry, I thought you were talking about a nurse-call system there at first

Last edited:

christine

Jun 27, 2011
Thank-you all so much. I moved the unit to a different room with no other electronics. So far so good.