Connect with us

measuring the sound intensity of Ultrasonic Pest Repellent

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by mr. robot, Feb 26, 2016.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. mr. robot

mr. robot

Feb 26, 2016
    please help me
    I need to know how can I measure the sound intensity of my ultrasonic pest repellent
    it has frequency output of 38kHz-58kHz
    I need to know the step by step procedure to measure the sound intensity at 4 meters if I only know the power output.
    hoping someone could help me
    thanks

2. shrtrnd

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
    I don't know how to do this without some specialized equipment designed to do it.
    I built a few of these years ago for my own use, maybe you're designing one for commercial sale?
    The most important factor in the ones I built was finding the piezo 'speakers' capable of reproducing the desired frequency output. That took some effort.
    Why is it that you need to measure sound 'intensity'?

3. Alec_t

Alec_t

Jul 7, 2015
    Does this help?

4. Colin Mitchell

Colin Mitchell

Aug 31, 2014
    You need to get a piezo diaphragm that is capable of detecting (transmitting) at 60kHz.
    Connect is to a CRO and look at the waveform. That's what I do. And the psychiatric nurse let's me do it twice a week.

Ask a Question