Connect with us

MC33030 - does any one know of a drop in replacement

Discussion in 'Microcontrollers, Programming and IoT' started by Kiri Pettet, Jan 31, 2018.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Kiri Pettet

Kiri Pettet

Jan 31, 2018
    MC33030 - does anyone know of a drop in replacement for any of the variations of this part?

I am in quite a pickle and can't find them anywhere to buy due to obsolescence.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Minder

Minder

Apr 24, 2015
    I think they have been mostly replaced by small micro's with PWM function resources.
    You may find them on Ebay from Chinese sources, they seem to have quite a few obsolescent devices.;)
    M.

Kiri Pettet likes this.
  3. Harald Kapp

Harald Kapp Moderator Moderator

Nov 17, 2011
    Ebay has offers as well a some brokers.
    Prices are ridiculously high...
    You'll need the fully qualified part number for a search.

Kiri Pettet likes this.
  4. Minder

Minder

Apr 24, 2015
    I think Motorola had high hopes for this IC, even to the extent of offering a free PWM development board, of which I still have mine, but for some reason it did not seem to take off.
    M.

Kiri Pettet likes this.
  5. Kiri Pettet

Kiri Pettet

Jan 31, 2018
    We found some from a broker in Hong Kong, fingers crossed they really have them and they pass all the tests - my engineering team hasn't been able to develop this part off our three builds that we still do a lot of business with. I was desperate and thought who better to ask then the experts! i appreciate you guys responding - i am ignorant when it comes to this stuff. Have a great weekend.

6. Minder

Minder

Apr 24, 2015
    Might be a tempting challenge to produce a pic equivalent!
    M.

Kiri Pettet likes this.
  7. Kiri Pettet

Kiri Pettet

Jan 31, 2018
    let me know if you do : )

8. Minder

Minder

Apr 24, 2015
    I assume if you have something already engineered around it you would want pin for pin, which could be tricky , or is it flexible?
    M.

Ask a Question