Connect with us

Massage Chair Remote Error(King Kong)

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Repair' started by Henry Hall, Apr 16, 2017.

1. Henry Hall

Henry Hall

Apr 16, 2017
    NEED your expertise PLEASE . I have a King Kong massage chair. Was working fine. My sister moved the chair
    To clean behind. Now the remote says ER. Vibrate works . The remote looks like it's going through the sequence. But no features work except vibrate.
    I checked all connections and even unplugged for 2 hours. Can anyone HELP please King Kongs number is disconnected. Manual isn't any help
    I am very mechanically inclined. Just need a little help. Could it be the relay. THANKs for your help.

2. TKeepers

TKeepers

Apr 17, 2017
    Hello, I have fixed a few of these chairs and I know the problem that you are having. The problem is the Torodial step down transformer has blown the thermal fuse. It is a $2 fix, but is a bit difficult to get to. Look on the MCB and find the big round thing. The black and white wires are the power in. The fuse is soldered on to one of them. 115 degree C fuse bought on ebay. Solder a new one in and you're back in business. Be careful to not damage any of the wiring on the transformer. They can get very hot and cause a fire if misshandled. 20170219_144705.jpg King-Kong-Massage-Chair.jpg 20170219_144705.jpg King-Kong-Massage-Chair.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 17, 2017
  3. TKeepers

TKeepers

Apr 17, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2017
  4. gail

gail

Jun 22, 2017
  5. dsmith

dsmith

Jun 28, 2017
    @TKeepers ,

You mentioned working on a few of these chairs. Could you suggest a fix for my King Kong model 5563? The buttons on the remote work intermittently. The remote itself is in pristine condition and all buttons have a nice bounce to them but many times you must try them dozens of times before it is recognized. The power button is most prone. WP_20170628_09_02_47_Pro.jpg

6. Toni Porter

Toni Porter

Mar 18, 2018
    TKeepers we opened the back of the chair, but unable to locate the MCB. Is it in a canister?

7. solutionstrust

solutionstrust

Nov 13, 2018
    Hello - TKeepers gave feedback but did not indicate where this Torodial step down transformer is located ... also what is a MCB ??? Photos of the location would be a great help and much appreciated ... Thank you

tcojack likes this.
  8. solutionstrust

solutionstrust

Nov 13, 2018
    Hello - Keepers you gave feedback but did not indicate where this Torodial step down transformer is located ... also what is a MCB ??? Photos of the location would be a great help and much appreciated ... Thank you

9. JOEBLOW

JOEBLOW

Jun 6, 2019
    I have located the big round thing with the white and black wire on My king kong massage chair but fail to find a fuse that is soldered to either wire

10. TKeepers

TKeepers

Apr 17, 2017
    Ok the fuze is inside the transformer. The plastic tape has an end to it and it may take time to unwrap it. Save the plastic tape and try to reinstall it the best you can. You may need to pry the outer copper wires away a bit being careful not to damage them in any way. A bit of searching in the transformer and you will see the fuze that looks like the one I posted from e-bay. Be careful when you solder the ends. I should have made a video of the fix and posted it on YouTube. I have since gotten rid of the chair.

11. TKeepers

TKeepers

Apr 17, 2017

12. TKeepers

TKeepers

Apr 17, 2017
    I believe the square fuze is the one you will be looking for in the original transformer. You can install either the round one (may fit funny behind the copper) or the square one. Just make sure to tuck it back and cover it well and also make sure that NO PART of the solder or wire touch the outside windings. Good luck and let me know if I can assist any further.

13. tcojack

tcojack

Monday
    Where did you find it? I’ve got a 5560. Took back off but nothing there. Just plugs.
    here

14. 73's de Edd

73's de Edd

Aug 21, 2015
    Sir tcojack . . . . .

If this agrees with your specific Ling Ting Tong - King Kong unit. . . . . . . .
    You would be wanting to do a power unplugged test and confirm wth an ohmmeter that you have a complete circuit from both
    pins of the AC plug to the two mated pins of the 3 P connector a la YELLOW box.

WIRING REFERENCING . . . . .

upload_2019-6-20_0-4-32.png

73's de Edd . . . . .

Some come to the fountain of knowledge to drink, while others, merely sip or gargle.

Ask a Question