Connect with us

mark threads [SOLVED]?

Discussion in 'Announcements, Suggestions & Feedback' started by shmeeter, Mar 16, 2013.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. shmeeter

shmeeter

Mar 14, 2013
    Is it possible to mark a thread as solved or edit the title to say that?

Thanks

2. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009
    hi there

as far as I'm aware this forum style doesnt allow for that
    one of us moderators would be able to edit the thread title to show such tho once it had been confirmed solved by the OP ( original poster)

We often dont know if it has been solved or not as the OP only occassionally confirms that

Dave

3. Gryd3

Gryd3

Jun 25, 2014
    Found this.
    I am unsure if there is absolute control over which 'features' are desired.

http://xenforo.com/community/resources/user-essentials-enhanced-version.2142/

If setup properly, it does not appear as though it can allow users to circumvent moderator actions.
    (Except perhaps renaming a thread after a Moderator renames it... but everything else seems solid. Needs to be tested of course)

4. Ian

Ian Administrator

Aug 23, 2006
    It is possible to add on the site, however I've tried an addon that does the same thing - but it has some compatibility problem as it means we can't use the built in tag system for other purposes. Editing the titles to include the solved tag manually also comes with problems, as it takes up a lot of moderator time and it also reduces the relevancy of the threads in the eyes of search engines (perversely, given the fact it should help!).

For the time being I'm not going to add this feature, but if there is an improved solution in future then I'm happy to revisit it :).

KrisBlueNZ likes this.
  5. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009
    I agree Ian, personally I don't really see any need for it
    If the OP's question was answered and he was happy. Leave it at that :)
    no need to mark the thread "solved"

Dave

6. Gryd3

Gryd3

Jun 25, 2014
    Understood guys ;)

I can see it being useful if the site happened to be a lot larger, as I find myself ignoring threads that have 10+ posts. If the op is having difficulty, it may encourage new visitors if it is not yet marked as 'solved'
    Of course... You run into the problem of ops vanishing when the magic answer shows up...

I saw a potential solution so I slapped it up :)

Ask a Question