Connect with us

Making small Digital screen.

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by DJWhoRespectsElectronics, Feb 21, 2014.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. DJWhoRespectsElectronics

DJWhoRespectsElectronics

Feb 21, 2014
    Hey Guys,
    I have limited electronics knowledge (I did chemistry in college and Quantum lab we did all electronics stuff) and I have a project that I must complete eventually.

What:
    I essentially need to make a functional Dragon ball Z Scouter. If you don't know what that is, its basically half a pair of eye glasses that have a screen. I know google glasses can work but what I need is WAY simpler.
    Why:
    I play with a DJ and I play the bass live while he does his DJ thing. The hard thing is that we can't practice the tracks he plays (he will usually make the track from scratch in real time) and I just play what I feel the song needs. This is hard because I don't know when he's going to "Drop the beat." What we've been doing to solve this so far is to project the wave pattern on a wall so i can seen when the beat drops. However, it would be fun if I had a custom Scouter type thing so project a VERY SIMPLE wave pattern through so everyone can see what I'm seeing.
    I have flexibility when it comes to powering it and data because I can like hide a computer and DAq board in a backpack while i walk around the club and play. I play wireless so I'd have to get a signal sent from a source in the DJ booth.

It this a fools errand? Is it logical? What would I need to learn and what materials would I need.

Thanks guys!
    -DJ

2. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009
    hi there DJ

welcome to the forums :)

ohh yeah its probably do-able but not by the amateur electronics person
    you are looking at a lot of hi tech stuff with considerable miniaturisation

it would most likely need a highly skilled electronics designer to design a system and then some company with expertise in miniature circuit construction

cheers
    Dave

Ask a Question