Connect with us

Making Digital Clock Programmable

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by nstahl, Mar 20, 2013.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. nstahl

nstahl

Mar 20, 2013
    I have this circuit I need to build that is a clock. I don't have the circuitry required for it to be programmable to a certain time. Included is my designs that I used. What would I have to add to it to make it programmable? A 555 chip?

Attached Files:

2. GreenGiant

GreenGiant

Feb 9, 2012
    You should have a 555 in there somewhere anyways, or at least something to create the clock pulse.

The easiest way would be to have a button for each that will increment the binary output to the 7 segment drivers, basically something that will act like the pulse for minutes/hours

3. nstahl

nstahl

Mar 20, 2013
    Now how and where would I wire that?

4. Miguel Lopez

Miguel Lopez

Jan 25, 2012
    And you will need some way to neutralize the bouncing effect on the button. A bistable can do the job. The button should be in logical OR with the pulses which clock the hours and minutes.

5. GreenGiant

GreenGiant

Feb 9, 2012
    we need higher resolution pictures, and label which side is for hours which is for minutes.
    As Miguel said you may need some protection against bounce, depending on the buttons and what your other circuitry is.

you may want an OR gate in there, that is one way of doing things, but thats not necessarily needed.

6. nstahl

nstahl

Mar 20, 2013
    I can't upload any more hi res. "photo2" was the hours and the first one I used for both the min and seconds. I took the output from QC on the second chip into Clk in the min circuit.

Ask a Question