Connect with us

Making a USB controller

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by JCC1996, Dec 13, 2012.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. JCC1996

JCC1996

Dec 13, 2012
    Hi,

I'm new to this forum and I'm hoping someone might be able to help me out. Basically, I want to build a controller for a piece of software called QLab. I have three illuminated push switches which I need to wire to the circuit board of an old USB keyboard: one for space, one for the down arrow, and one for ESC.

I have wired the resistors into the switches and can get them to light up. However the trouble is that by touching wires to the appropriate contacts on the circuit I can't get my laptop to register a keystroke. Any advice?

Also, the circuit board is a nightmare to solder to, the solder simply won't adhere.

Here is the link to the project I'm replicating: http://figure53.com/blog/2010/12/17/sighting-making-a-qlab-go-button-box/

Any help will be gratefully received,

JCC

Attached Files:

Ask a Question