Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Make Amplifier from old Hi Fi

INJAC

Feb 1, 2017
Hello,

My idea is to use the old parts from this aiwa hi fi, to make an audio amplifer.
Im a 3rd year electronics student, i have abit knowledge about electronics and how do they work, how to build some small projects etc. But when i came across this idea the schematics and the high pass, low pass filters, how to detect them from schematics etc, are just too much for my knowledge at the moment. I would like if someone had time to look over the service manual i found online (unfortunately its in portuguese, but i guess that doesnt metter since only the schematics are important).

The idea is to use the AC from the grid with the AC to DC converter to power up the amplifer, get the input audio signal from a 3.5mm jack (or bluetooth module (xs3868)), and output it to the stereo speakers from this hi fi. To have 3 potenciometers to regulate volume, bass and treble. As i see the speakers have 2x27W and 2x15W , and i guess 2 smaller ones (not sure the Wattage) for high frequency sound. I would like to make them as they had the original sound, the low pass, high pass filters etc. Litterally just to extract the amplifer from this hi fi and build it seperatly.

Here is just a block diagram of what i would like it to do.

block diagram.png

And as a attachment i put the PDF of the service manual.

Thank you so much for your time, i hope its not too complicated, i would really appriciate if someone could make a schematic from these parts to use the main stuff, of course the resistors, capacitors etc i will buy new ones. If necessary i would buy a new op amp. I just want to use as much as i can out of these speakers in volume ratio, and get the best sound quality. Thank you again.

Attachments

• Link for pdf.txt
    437 bytes · Views: 90

Audioguru

Sep 24, 2016
The Aiwa "hifi" is old and was cheap and not very good. In your 3rd year of electronics study you should be able to design a modern much better amplifier and to select modern much better speakers.

INJAC

Feb 1, 2017
The Aiwa "hifi" is old and was cheap and not very good. In your 3rd year of electronics study you should be able to design a modern much better amplifier and to select modern much better speakers.

Well at my university we kinda go all sorts with the classes we study nothing specific, we did very little about amplifier it was mostley about their theoretical knowledge their insides, we didnt build anything specific, its Serbia very low money for projcets etc, so mostley from books and non of physical work with diffrent ICs etc, at 4th year we get projects etc, thats why my knowledge about practical devices is low. So at the moment im not able to create one, thats why i asked for help.

Audioguru

Sep 24, 2016
Amplifiers are not made with hundreds of parts anymore, they use an amplifier IC that is already designed and has the hundreds of parts inside it. Filter circuits are not designed for tone controls anymore, a tone controls IC is used instead.