Connect with us

Maintained to momentary switch converter

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by Apocalypso, Feb 13, 2018.

1. Apocalypso

Apocalypso

Feb 13, 2018
    Hi,

I'm just curious if it is possible to get impulse from classic maintained 220v light switch, as a matter of fact I need to convert this toggle light switch to momentary to control impulse relay...

Thx in advance ;)

Lp,
    Teo

2. Harald Kapp

Harald Kapp Moderator Moderator

Nov 17, 2011
    If you need to keep the original switch, you can connect it to the input of a monostable multivibrator to generate a single impulse.
    Otherwise replace teh switch by a momentary switch which is available in the same form factor for exactly this purpose.

3. Apocalypso

Apocalypso

Feb 13, 2018
    Hi,

thx for the quick respond, can U be a little bit more specific? Which kind of multivibrator, any schematic? The problem is that this switch is remotely controlled and I can't replace it momentary switch because momentary isn't available with remote control function and that is my main problem...

4. AnalogKid

AnalogKid

Jun 10, 2015
    It the switch is switching 220 Vac and the impulse relay coil is rated for 220 Vac*and* continuous operation, then you don't need to convert the output from the switch to a momentary signal. What are the manufacturer and part number for the relay?

ak

5. Apocalypso

Apocalypso

Feb 13, 2018
Ask a Question