Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Mainboard with reworks need comparison to same type

roughshawd

Jul 13, 2020
I have an SD-1 electronic synth production system that has a failed battery problem. After reading through the repair book, it gave me a key in code that gave me a final numerical answer... that I need a new main board for it. Problem is that the main board has rework on it, there is a yellow chip between a couple pins on one of the large dedicated chips, and a wire between one of the pins on the chip under the board to the edge of the board.
Now with this totally blazed into your mind....
Is there anyone who has an SD-1 that I could compare their main board to mine, and see if the rework is a hacker who was trying to increase the battery life, or if it was completed post haste at the factory?(if all the SD-1 boards are this way, then I can simply get a new board... but if this rework is a hack job to change the system or something, then maybe a new board isn't going to help much...see?!)

Martaine2005

May 12, 2015
Hi, you have two threads for the same unit?
I found a picture of the main board here on ebay. It might show you something.
But different revisions might show different 'bodge' wires from the factory. This one has a long blue bodge wire on the back.

It may be better for you to show us photos of yours.

Martin

Martaine2005

May 12, 2015
This picture is from Syntaur. It's an upgrade board. Changes a 21 voice to a 32 voice board. Info here.
1825-Lg.jpg

Martin

roughshawd

Jul 13, 2020
This forum is full of the greatest electronics mind of the 20th century! thanks... yep the 32 voice requires the bodge...!!!
pulling the clip isn't going to change the battery reading very much. Now about who wrote this fine formatted code... :)
I need a copy of how to hack the battery stop code!!! hee hee..

roughshawd

Jul 13, 2020
Late entry on this thread...
I have ordered the upgrade OS to see if it reboots the internal devices in the proper order, that might fix it, also I am wondering....
If capacitors slowly lose their ability over time, could it be that the cap across the chip in the rework is failing?

roughshawd

Jul 13, 2020
Forboding electronics device death... ouch. Well I am bull headed stubborn and quite able so its gonna be a while...
I tried to reset and setup the system, I had an old disk that I copied the system setup files to.... didn't work yet. Called THESONIQ who said he is the only authorized repair guy and that he has sold all of his inventory in the last few months.... He was no help. I found a Geibler thread.. they make midi, smf, disk transfer systems for all the ensoniqs and yamahas, and I did buy one of their disks a while back. Now here is my dilemna, if the main board begins to fail on one of these, and puts up a weak battery signal as a misnomer, then somewhere on the main board is a failing component that can probably be replaced to repair the board. I am sure that there is a schematic out there somewhere, but asking you guys to find it is too much to ask, so I am considering using my deductive powers to reason out the failing component. Well what I want from you pros is some good old fashioned "don't dos" so that I don't destroy the device while trying to fix it!!! (heh heh still a whole lot to ask just forget it!!!) Where would you start ?

roughshawd

Jul 13, 2020
The OS install did not fix the error..Remaining battery life nil...
Omegas failing....