Connect with us

Main-in/pre-out difficulties

Discussion in 'Audio' started by Stevek6970, Mar 28, 2018.

1. Stevek6970

Stevek6970

Mar 28, 2018
    I purchased another Technics SU-V707 integrated pre-amp several months ago; it seemed to work fine, as I planned to use the main-in/pre-out feature on it to control my new QSC-GX5 to get more power to my JBL's. I had one (707) several years ago and used the pre-out feature to feed a Peavey CS-800 to feed similar speakers and all of my pre-amp controls worked fine. But on this one none of them will function, except the input selector, when I try to use the pre-out to feed my new amp. I get a constant level, and the amp responds, but my volume, tone, loudness controls do not function,...what gives??? I need some assistance please. Steve

2. kellys_eye

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
    It would help if you supplied links to the individual items of equipment you're referencing as we aren't all familiar with the hi-fi industry and individual pieces of equipment therein.

Most 'line out' signals are taken BEFORE any controls (tone, volume, balance etc) and this is the 'correct' way to do it. If a manufacturer has taken the output AFTER the controls then it isn't really a true 'line-out' signal (which is meant to be a fixed amplitude).

davenn and shrtrnd like this.
  3. Stevek6970

Stevek6970

Mar 28, 2018
    I rechecked my unit; a Technics SU-V707 integrated amp, and found that the 'in/out' I thought to be a main in/pre-out (as was on my previous 707) is now in fact labeled as an EQ in/out and has a fixed amplitude line out, and NOT before the control section which is what I bought the second one specifically for. I guess it is a later model and thus the change. I want a pre-out like I had, which was 'after' the control section, to feed my new GX5. I have the service manual PDF, but the file was too big to attach here. If someone can help me with the specifics which I can do myself, or recommend a facility near Montgomery, Ala. that can make the modification, I would be grateful.
    Thanks.

Steve

4. Stevek6970

Stevek6970

Mar 28, 2018
    Kellys eye, check my follow-up post and see if this give you more information. I need an email address to upload the PDF file, it's just too big to post here they say. Steve

5. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009

no that wont help .... just upload it to a file sharing site and give the link

6. Stevek6970

Stevek6970

Mar 28, 2018
Ask a Question