Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Magneto Resistor Supplier

leftcliq

Sep 19, 2016
Hello to All,

Great forum here. Can someone please let me know if they know of a supplier that can supply magneto resistors? I know I can purchase sensors/chips and such but I want the resistors themselves without the sensors for a project. Any links or suggested sites would be great.

Thanks,
Dale.

duke37

Jan 9, 2011
Welcome to the forum.

Please give more details of what you want. What is the magneto maker and what is it used in? A picure of what you want would be a big help.

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
I guess the simple answer is Panasonic who make the EZMPL series of devices.

A magneto resistor is a resistor which changes value in response to a magnetic field.

Interestingly they are often (apparently) used in a bridge arrangement to yield a voltage having some relationship with the intensity of the magnetic field. In some respects this would remind you of a Hall effect device where a voltage perpendicular to a current is generated. However, my very very limited understanding suggests one key difference is that magneto resistance, whilst sensitive to the axis and magnitude, is not sensitive to the direction (I know that sounds contradictory, what I mean is that unlike a Hall effect device, a reversal of the field does not produce a reverse -- or even different -- response).

As for suppliers of small quantities, I had a brief search of digikey and didn't turn up any. I suggest that if you get an actual part number and search for that from the major suppliers you may have more luck.

Try looking here for a start https://industrial.panasonic.com/cdbs/www-data/pdf/ARA0000/ARA0000CE1.pdf