Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Magellan 5050 Door mag wiring problems

Sideline

May 16, 2010
Guys,

I am having a rather weird problem with my Magellan 5050 alarm panel.

All 5 on panel zones used for PIR plus 2 wireless PIR extra as zones 14 & 15.

All is working well and when I install the ZX8 expander module the following happens.

I wire in an existing door mag (used on the trap door) into zone 6 (first zone in ZX8 expander). No errors and works like a charm. Test the open/close by moving trap door and that works (shows open when door open).

Arming/disarming system no problems.

Now I am wiring in additional "new" door mags. These did not exisit in the house as per other PIR and door mags.

I ran the "new" wires and attached contacts and magnets to every door/window I need them on.

I connect them exactly as per existing door mags with 1k EOL resistors. When I activate the zone (7 through 13 - last remaining zones on ZX8) I get the zone "open" when the contact (door or window) is closed and the zone "closed/no info displayed" when the contacts (door or window) is open.

So exactly opposite to what I would expect.

Now section [706] is programmed with EOL resistors enabled - I assume this is for the entire system and all zones?

If this is not the case how do I program the ZX8 or individual zones for EOL enabled? I cannot find it in manual. As zone 6 (zone 1 on ZX8 works 100% I am not sure why this strange occurence with remaining zones.

Any other advise to "reverse" the reading of the zones?

Thanks

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
I'm not familiar with this system.
You might check to make sure your new door contacts are the right type.
Normally open, or normally closed. Sometimes they make both types.
Good luck

Sideline

May 16, 2010
Thank you. I did not even think of that as the problem. I will check the type and replace if wrong.