Connect with us

LTSpice simulator

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by deelcee, Sep 18, 2012.

1. deelcee

deelcee

Sep 18, 2012
    I am relatively new to simulations and I am trying to simulate an oscillator (Wein Bridge using a TL082 OP Amp) using LTSpice IV. The circuit is correct but when I ask to RUN the simulation, it does not oscillate. Does anyone know the secret to simulate oscillators? There is no mention of how to do this in the LTSpice Tutorial downloaded from the internet.

2. GreenGiant

GreenGiant

Feb 9, 2012
    can you provide a picture of the schematic, and the input/output waveforms?

3. BobK

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
    You need to check the box on the simulation options that says somehting like "start voltage sources at 0V" I don't remember the exact wording. LTSPICE solves for a steady state and many oscillators will just sit at that steady state instead of oscillating. The option makes it start the power at 0V then raise it which gives the circuit a kick needed to start oscillation. In the real world, it always works like that, of course.

Bob

4. deelcee

deelcee

Sep 18, 2012
    Thanks to all for replies. Adding a startup parameter did the trick. :) :) :)

Ask a Question