Maker Pro
Maker Pro

low watt 12v/240v inverter

BigFrog

Jul 12, 2014
I wish to take a snake with me to a festival but there are no electric hook ups for my vehicle (converted van). The snake's tub requires a small 15w heat pad controlled by a pulse thermostat.

My plan is to trickle charge the vehicle battery (or perhaps a leisure battery) with a small solar panel to help keep it charged a little.

My current inverter generates 160w and is way over engineered for my requirements as it will flatten the van battery way too quickly as it continually runs its own fan etc. (the festival is for three days and movement of vehicles is prohibited).

Is there a simple way to power the low watt stat and heat pad from 12v? Or are there low watt inverters on the market?

Any help is gratefully received!

David

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
Hi there
welcome to Electronics Point

if you had typed "12V heating pad" into google, you would have come up with dozens of links :)

go have a look

cheers
Dave

BigFrog

Jul 12, 2014
But do they have 12v thermostats too? Never thought of that...

I shall look.

shumifan50

Jan 16, 2014
Personally I don't think taking a snake into a large gathering of people seems responsible - neither to the other people or the snake.

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
Personally I don't think taking a snake into a large gathering of people seems responsible - neither to the other people or the snake.

that made me giggle ...... a pretty common thing to do for public displays here in Australia

cheers
Dave