Connect with us

Low-Power Solar Charging IC

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by BlackMelon, Apr 12, 2016.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. BlackMelon

BlackMelon

Aug 7, 2012
    Hello,

The datasheet of the IC bq25570 is here:
    https://www.mediafire.com/?1nvdjdv95ql7r4c
    Also, there is an attached picture too.

I am going to use the IC in solar application for charging mobile phones. At the same time, it should provide an adjustable voltage by using the built-in buck converter for those who need it.

However, in the top of page 25 of the datasheet, I cannot completely understand the statement "VBAT_OV>=VBAT_OK_HYST>VBAT_OK>=VBAT_UV". Does this form a hysteresis loop, which is depicted in the attachment?
    Second, the parameter "VSEC" in this sheet is little explained (Just 2 points in the file). What is it? Is it very crucial to my design?
    Lastly, in the 8.2.1.3 application curves, at the figure 26, is the green graph a potential difference between the pin LBOOST and ground?

Thank you
    BlackMelon

Attached Files:

2. Colin Mitchell

Colin Mitchell

Aug 31, 2014
    What is the voltage of your solar panel?

3. BlackMelon

BlackMelon

Aug 7, 2012
    2V 0.06W 300mA

4. Colin Mitchell

Colin Mitchell

Aug 31, 2014
  5. Colin Mitchell

Colin Mitchell

Aug 31, 2014
    2V 0.06W 300mA = 2V 0.6W 300mA

6. BlackMelon

BlackMelon

Aug 7, 2012
    Seems that it's not very profitable to design a low-power solar charger? (Cuz the IC itself is around $6.) May be I need to go for a higher power one?

Ask a Question