Connect with us

low current high voltage (~280 volts) from 6 volts DC

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by aidan, Apr 12, 2012.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. aidan

aidan

Jul 15, 2011
    What would be the simplest way of getting ~280 volts (doesn't have to be exact anywhere from 250 to 300 would be fine) from 6 volts dc or some other low voltage? The high voltage will be used to charge a capacitor so it can be low current and not steady.

Could I perhaps use a boost converter?

Last edited: Apr 12, 2012
  2. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    try to get hold of an old disposable camera. They created around 300V from a single AA battery.

You may be able to find related schematics on the net to do the same thing.

3. aidan

aidan

Jul 15, 2011
    ok I will do that, I have another question, The thing I am using this for will also have a fly back on it and I plan on using the flyback to trigger a flash tube, would there be any adverse effects to having the HV coil on the flyback connected at the same time a ~300 volts pulse is running through the tube? I am just wondering whether it will try to go through the flyback. The flyback coil would have quite a higher resistance than the flash tube so it should stick to the flashtube if I am correct.

Ask a Question