Connect with us

lottery wheel

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by tounsi, Feb 21, 2012.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. tounsi

tounsi

Feb 21, 2012
    Hello everybody, This is my first post.. So please be kind ops:
    I am a novice when It comes to building electronic circuits, but I do know the basics and know a few components used in electronics.

I can not do has an electronic roulette that consists of 10 LEDs arranged in a circle. When you press the start button, the wheel is turned and a random number generator starts: he commanded a light band consists of 10 LED (shooting star). When you release the button, the speed decreases slowly to a stop and one of the LED lights so I hope aléatoire.

I Explained what I need as best as I can, any help Would Be Appreciated

thinks.

2. KMoffett

KMoffett

Jan 21, 2009
    Google: electronic roulette wheel circuit

Ken

3. tounsi

tounsi

Feb 21, 2012
    Hi KMoffet

I would like electronic roulette of 10 LEDs make like a shooting star that is the LEDs (L1 + L2 + L3 + L4) that light up and the LEDs (L2 + L3 + L4 + L5) that s' and light (L3 + L4 + L5 + L6) and so on. Then I want this falling star slowed down and stopped on the last led to the star.

I Explained what I need as best as I can, any help Would Be Appreciated

4. KMoffett

KMoffett

Jan 21, 2009
    I think you're going to need a microcontroller with at least 10 outputs to achieve that complexity. I might recommend a PICAXE 20M2 or 20X2. They are ~$10 each. The programming is in BASIC. The software is free. You only need a PC with a serial port, a home-made 3-wire serial cable, 2 resistors and a 5V power source to start.

http://www.picaxe.com/Hardware/PICAXE-Chips/

Ken

5. tounsi

tounsi

Feb 21, 2012
    I need to do a basic integrated circuit such as a counter 4029b, 10 Led ... without microcontroller. I would just like the schematic electronic.

6. KMoffett

KMoffett

Jan 21, 2009
    I don't think there is a schematic out there that would meet your requirements. It would require someone to go through the whole process of designing, simulating or building, drawing a schematic, and posting it here. Not likely to happen...creating a complex circuit operations using old technology.

Sorry.

Ken

7. duke37

duke37

Jan 9, 2011
    The 4017 Johnson counter will give one of ten outputs in sequence. You will need some means of slowing and stopping the clock. Perhaps a voltage to frequency chip (LM331N)?
    Just charge a capacitor on switch on and let it discharge through a resistance?

8. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    I was thinking the same thing.

You could connect each output to a pulse extender (look up the datasheet on a Schmitt triger inverter). This would have the effect of causing the periods that the outputs are on to extend and give you a series of LEDs illuminated, the length of which would depend on the clock speed.

So as the clock speed gets lower, the trail gets shorter. As the clock stops, only 1 LED is illuminated.

One of the initial suggestions was to look for roulette wheel circuits on-line. From them you should be able to find an oscillator which slows to a stop.

9. tounsi

tounsi

Feb 21, 2012
  10. duke37

duke37

Jan 9, 2011
    The 555 variable frequency oscillator looks good.

Describe what you mean by a shooting star and a falling star.

Ask a Question