Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Loose part

hcd-cp101

Jan 24, 2015
Can anyone help me please?

I was fixing the CD drawer of a Sony hcd-cp101 mini system when a small bit of plastic with a tiny spring attached to it fell most of the way out of the base unit, it was dangling from the CD spindle(?) by a human hair.

The service manual has partial exploded views and none of them show this part and I can't for the life of me work out where it would go or how it would be oriented. I've added a picture of the part and of the base unit. When you look at the photo of the base unit, the part was dangling from the spindle(?) (lower right of photo) so I guess it may have come from there.

CIMG9935.JPG CIMG9936.JPG

Please help me if you can, I just need to know where it goes and what the spring attaches to. Many thanks in advance.

hcd-cp101

Jan 24, 2015
After wasting countless hours watching cd player repair videos on youtube and reading dozens of different Sony service manuals in a futile attempt to identify this part I finally figured it out myself.
I started going through every possible place the part could fit and found there was only one, albeit unlikely possible place it could go, which is over the lens. It fits perfectly slides back and forth just enough to cover and expose the lens and there's even a tiny hole for the spring to hook into.

I just googled KSM-213DHAP/ZRP1 lenses and low & behold there is a cover on them exactly where I put this part. I've got no idea how it could have popped off there especially without breaking because it took a bit of fiddling around to put it into place.
As a result, this thread can now be closed or whatever since help is no longer required.