Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Looking to Expand my Network

EMC_Tech

Jul 21, 2012
Hello everyone! My name is Andrew and I have been in the field of Electronics for nine years now (starting to feel old) but most recently for the last two years I have been involved with Electromagnetic compatibility and compliance testing. Since this 'field within a field' is pretty limited its hard to find others who deal with the obstacles of EMI compliance and testing. Even more difficult is to find others in the field who speak in 'layman's' terms as opposed to spouting calculus at every turn.

I've started to write a series of articles and also have a facebook page (EMC for Beginners) and am looking for others to critique my work, spread ideas, and help me, along with the EMC community grow and learn how to easily test against and comply with EMC regulatory limits. Thanks for any and all help - I appreciate it!

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
hi EMC_Tech
Welcome to the forums

I will let this post through for now, and see how people comment on it
But if I see any personal business advertising from you it will be deleted :)
These forums are by hobbyists for hobbyists

cheers
Dave

EMC_Tech

Jul 21, 2012
I thank you and appreciate it. The only purpose of linking the facebook page is to express an idea so that others here can tell me (on these forums - I don't expect to drag conversations outside of here) what they think and their histories with EMC. The problem is, nothing like this exists and the only sources for finding individuals who may be able to offer insight tend to think I'm only out to advertise. This is hardly the truth and I'm not all that certain on how to encorporate ideas any other way.

I can respect the desire to not have spamming or trolling. I have created and moderated forums in the past and people who lurk merely to advertise not only waste space, they disrespect the boards by devaluing them. You'll find that that is not in my character and I have no intention of ever doing so on these forums.

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
I thank you and appreciate it. The only purpose of linking the facebook page

actually clicking on the facebook link didnt even take me to your page
I get redirected to the wall page that I see all my friends posts on

Dave

Last edited:

donkey

Feb 26, 2011
wow.... I speak for myself alone. while the topic of em compliance hasn't really affected me greatly yet (wait til I get a stargate though) I seriously like the idea of someone that has alot of experience AND is writing articles we can view. I see our newsgroup area, and our tutorial area, but being able to question the author on his/her subject matter is freaking AWESOME.
I welcome you sir and hope to gain further knowledge from yet another wise person
and the facebook thing is bugged for me too... I think you copied your address from your private page and not your profile page.

EMC_Tech

Jul 21, 2012
Thank you kindly, gentlemen. I hope to gain insight from everyone here about high frequency signals in as much as others can gain information from me about the treacherous noise they create. As for the facebook page, the page had defaulted to only allow users in the US to see it. I would expect my Australian friends can view it now, if anybody feels the desire.

Last edited: