Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Looking to create a new device

competent123

Dec 3, 2016
hello everyone.
i am not a techwizard so please dumb it down for me.

basically what i am trying to get done is this

a small calculator type device that can work offline. ( and occasionally get online using wifi chip)
it will have a nfc + wifi + fingerprint scanner + encryption chip.

it will contain some information on the chip, like points.

The device, when powered on, ( just like calculator) works like this.
All info is encrypted fully using the encryption chip onboard.

user gets some points from server, it shows on the screen the number of reward points. he can then give those points ( part or full) to someone else by using the keypad to type in the number,

use fingerprint scanner to digitally sign it ( or authenticate it) put his device next to the other persons device and points get transferred using nfc technology

use of wifi chip - then it gets connected to internet ( when possible)
point transfer is already complete,
it sends the info to the server, finalizing the points that way, even if the hardware device is lost, points are actually not, and he wont' be able to transfer points again.

now please tell me

1- the hardware that i will need ( links will be great, preferably from aliexpress.)
2 - software that i will need, if its coded already
3- any other info i will need to get started.

competent123

Dec 3, 2016
no, because bitcoin is distributed without a central server

this one is a simple server to device thing, the only purpose of this device is to act like a offline transfer device of points, so that when the device is not connected to the server, it can still do offline transactions. it will finalize it when it connects to the server.

hope i have clarified as much as i could.

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
This is clearly a smartphone app. I can think of no reason to do it any other way.

Bob

Anon_LG

Jun 24, 2014
I agree with BobK, everything you describe could be achieved with a smartphone app, given that the designer has experience with application development. What you will end up building may cost ££'s, when it can be integrated into a technologically convergent device for less than £'s