Connect with us

Looking for "through-hole" potentiometer

Discussion in 'Electronic Components' started by mot, Sep 27, 2007.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. mot

    mot Guest

    Hi Everybody,

    Im looking for a position sensing potentiometer that has a hole in it
    where the shaft would be. It is an ordinary potentiometer but does not
    have a shaft - it gets slipped onto a shaft. If any one could help me
    locate such a thing I would be grateful.

    Friendly Regards,
  2. TT_Man

    TT_Man Guest

    Here's a start.....
  3. Jamie

    Jamie Guest

    Use "Hollow shaft Potentiometers" with google.
  4. Guest

  5. TT_Man

    TT_Man Guest

  6. PopMed

    PopMed Guest

    Perhaps this will help:
    or searching for multi-gang potentiometer, multi-section
    potentiometer. You might be able to get some samples of the
    individual sections which appears to be what you are looking for.

    If you just need one, here's a thought. Most older radios and tv sets
    had mult-gang or at least resistance element plus power switch pots.
    Look for the kind that mounted to a real chassis or panel with a real
    mounting nut. These can often be dismantled removing the switch,
    shaft or sections. The best would be a removable section where the
    shaft itself isn't providing the wiper force. Try a local thrift
    shop, TV repair shop (preferably one that has been around a while) or
    friendly neighborhood ham radio operator (preferably one who has been
    around a while). Hopefully you'll find the resistance value and taper
    (linear?, audio?, reverse audio?) that you're looking for.

Ask a Question
Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?
You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.
Electronics Point Logo
Continue to site
Quote of the day