Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Looking for some help with a connection

DaveHope

Nov 25, 2014
Good evening everyone.

I am new to the forum and need some help in identifying a connection on a circuit board please. The board in question is a gps board from a mercedes sat nav unit. I have taken the board to a well known high street electronics store and those told me what they thought was the connection it turns out it is not. They told me it is a mmcx connector. I have attached a picture of the board in question and help would be great on this

Thanks
Dave

If i have placed this in the wrong section please feel free to move to the correct section

Attachments

• board.jpg
    board.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 98

DaveHope

Nov 25, 2014
Hi Frenoy
Thanks for that information, yeah that's what i thought as well. The measurements that i took was using a clear ruler and not a set of digital calipers but i guess you need to use the tools that you have on hand so it may not be totally accurate but will be pretty close, I am going to have a look and see if i can get a hold of one from the well known online auction site dont mind loosing a couple of quid if its wrong.

Once again thanks for your help and i will keep you posted if we are right with the connection

Frenoy Osburn

Nov 20, 2014
Did you check the link? There's a male and female one listed.

The female is what you should be looking at, I think you will find a snap-on connector. The inner diameter of the snap-on female connector should be slightly less for it to hold tight and that's another reason why I thought the 3.42 dia would fit into the 4mm on the connector you have.

EDIT: You could also check Digikey. They do have a wide range of connectors,and since you already have the brochure, it should be easier to find a part number.
It's rather late here and I had a rough day, sorry for being a bit lazy, my eyes are not playing sport. But if you can't find what you are looking for, then do let us know.

DaveHope

Nov 25, 2014
Thanks for that Frenoy yeah i am looking at several different sites now to see if i can find one. No need to apologize the information you have gave me so far is great if i hit a brick wall i will let you know. Thanks again

Yeah i checked the link was perfect in showing me exactly what i need, i had a feeling that it was that type that i needed just needed another pair of eyes to look for me as well