Connect with us

Looking for snap capacitor sockets ????

Discussion in 'Electronic Basics' started by [email protected], Nov 15, 2005.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Guest

    I am finding electrolytic capacitors in JAMECO, MOUSER, etc that are
    the snap type. I assume that they snap into some sort of socket. I
    can't seem to find the type of socket to use for this kind of
    capacitor. I am looking for a part number in JAMECO, MOUSER, etc for
    the socket. Thanks in advance.
  2. I have never seen a snap in capacitor that mounts to a socket. The
    ones I have seen were designed to snap into a certain set of holes, so
    they would stay in place during wave soldering. They just have pins
    that have a kink in them, so they push against the side of the holes,
    and some of that force pulls the cap into the holes.
  3. I've never seen such sockets, and wouldn't expect to. Capacitors
    aren't changed often enough to justify the cost of sockets.

    The "snap-in" capacitors snap into suitable holes in a PC board, and
    the contacts are then soldered. The "snap-in" feature is just a
    convenience for assembly, so the capacitor doesn't fall out of the
    board when you turn it over for soldering.
Ask a Question
Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?
You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.
Electronics Point Logo
Continue to site
Quote of the day