Connect with us

Looking for recommendations

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by hdeljerz, Oct 15, 2013.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. hdeljerz

hdeljerz

Oct 7, 2013
    I'm trying to pick up every resource I can on electronics and I was just wondering what magazines out there are easy to follow for a novice such as myself?

2. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    What magazines are sold locally or are otherwise available to you?

3. shrtrnd

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
    If you're in the States, I like 'Nuts & Volts'.
    I inquired about a subscription years ago. Didn't sign-up for the subscription, but
    they make their money in advertising and they apparently need a strong subscription
    base to keep the advertising money coming in. Just inquiring about a subscription
    got me on their mailing list, and I've been getting a monthly copy for free ever since.
    They have good, do-it-yourself projects in every issue.

4. Lightning

Lightning

Oct 12, 2013
    If you're in the UK "Everyday Practical Electronics" it has lots of little projects to help you understand electronics.

5. KrisBlueNZ

KrisBlueNZ Sadly passed away in 2015

Nov 28, 2011
    Also check your city library for older magazines. I learnt a lot from Everyday Electronics (UK) and Electronics Today International ("ETI") (Australian). No doubt there were many equivalent magazines in the USA as well.

Have a look through all the DIY construction projects to see which magazines fit your interests. You'll find a much wider selection of projects than you would see by just looking at current issues.

There are also lots of DIY web sites, but the designs and advice on these can be poor. I have a strong dislike for instructables.com, for example. The designs in magazines are at least checked by knowledgeable folks before they are presented to you.

6. gorgon

gorgon

Jun 6, 2011
    Circuit Cellar, Elektor, Servo.

Ask a Question