Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Looking for recommendations

hdeljerz

Oct 7, 2013
I'm trying to pick up every resource I can on electronics and I was just wondering what magazines out there are easy to follow for a novice such as myself?

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
What magazines are sold locally or are otherwise available to you?

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
If you're in the States, I like 'Nuts & Volts'.
I inquired about a subscription years ago. Didn't sign-up for the subscription, but
they make their money in advertising and they apparently need a strong subscription
base to keep the advertising money coming in. Just inquiring about a subscription
got me on their mailing list, and I've been getting a monthly copy for free ever since.
They have good, do-it-yourself projects in every issue.

Lightning

Oct 12, 2013
If you're in the UK "Everyday Practical Electronics" it has lots of little projects to help you understand electronics.

KrisBlueNZ

Sadly passed away in 2015
Nov 28, 2011
Also check your city library for older magazines. I learnt a lot from Everyday Electronics (UK) and Electronics Today International ("ETI") (Australian). No doubt there were many equivalent magazines in the USA as well.

Have a look through all the DIY construction projects to see which magazines fit your interests. You'll find a much wider selection of projects than you would see by just looking at current issues.

There are also lots of DIY web sites, but the designs and advice on these can be poor. I have a strong dislike for instructables.com, for example. The designs in magazines are at least checked by knowledgeable folks before they are presented to you.