Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Looking for fast camera type flash circuit/module

dxpwny

Jul 9, 2011
I am working on a project where I'd want to generate a flash of light ... and if not too much more of a hassle, perhaps repeatedly, and in rapid succession.

It would be for a project that's likely to be in my car (not running) - and could make use of the car battery.
I'd like something that I can get quickly ... and be able to use quickly.

I'd like to be able to control this electronically - as long as I can access two contacts to short them together to trigger the flash, I'm fine. I just need the flash module itself.

I've seen various modules from cell phones on ebay - and the price is right, but I see no technical data.

Can anyone give me an idea where I might get a few flash modules ... with data / circuit ideas ?

AnalogKid

Jun 10, 2015
How much light? How often? How long is the light on? How long is it off between flashes? No one here can read minds. Better information = better answers.

The old way was a xenon flash tube, a moderately high voltage power supply with a big energy storage capacitor, a gated turn-off SCR, and a timing circuit. Today this probably can be done with high-brightness LEDs - if you let us in on the secret lighting specs.

ak