Connect with us

looking for "Detent" electrical connectors/contacts

Discussion in 'Electronic Components' started by Tom, Apr 18, 2007.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Tom

    Tom Guest

    I have been looking all over for a some type of connector/contact that
    I can use to connect power between to separate cases that slide
    together. The cases are made of plastic, and I was thinking some type
    of contact that looks like a rivet or screw head (Slightly convex
    head). The contact on the other side would be slightly concave. So
    the contacts would sort of snap together when they are moved into
    position across from each other. This would also prevent the to cases
    from sliding apart, until enough pressure is exerted. I know that
    Milmax and others make a spring version of something similar to this,
    but I would prefer to use the slight flexibility of the plastic case
    to provide the spring action, not to mention keeping the design
    simpler. It would be great if these were simple "push-through" barbed
    contacts. Does anyone know of a supplier for something like this?

    Tom Kuhn
Ask a Question
Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?
You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.
Electronics Point Logo
Continue to site
Quote of the day