Connect with us

Looking for connectors

Discussion in 'Beginner Electronics' started by Barry, Mar 6, 2007.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Barry

    Barry Guest

  2. Aly

    Aly Guest

    Hi Barry,

    I've been down this EXACT same route as you a few months back, and for those
    connectors too. Very few places do them, unless you're buying by the 1000.

    Your best bet would be to approach a little independant high street computer
    repair shop, as they're used alot in PCs.

    Rapid have some very similar, but you'd need to hack them. Go to "Cables &
    Connectors" then "Multipole."

  3. Barry

    Barry Guest

    Thanks for the advice. It would appear that the type I pictured are no
    longer available. They can be broken to length according to whether one
    wants single, double or more connections.
    As they are solder connections it is easy to move things around during
    The crimp pins are fine when the final wiring is being done but are a bit
    wasteful when trying things out.
    Anyway looks as though I need to bulk buy crimp connectors.
  4. Ross Herbert

    Ross Herbert Guest

    That particular style of pin header socket strip I haven't seen for a
    long time. However, Aries still make it in the pricier collet socket

    Those would match up to the male header strip

    Aries dip/sip completer product listing

    UK distributors listing
Ask a Question
Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?
You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.
Electronics Point Logo
Continue to site
Quote of the day