Connect with us

Looking for bias meter

Discussion in 'Electronic Basics' started by tempus fugit, Jun 28, 2005.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. tempus fugit

    tempus fugit Guest

    Hey all;

    A little while back, I was checking out different bias meters (for biasing
    tubes) on the internet and came across one that was pretty reasonably priced
    (<$50 I think). The only problem is I cant remember the name of the thing. I
    was thinking BiasKing, but that wasn't the one that I remember seeing (also
    it's closer to $200). In fact, Bias King is now pretty much all I can find.
    I think the one that I saw was basically a tube socket with alligator clips
    that you connected to your meter.

    Can anyone point me to a cheaper bias meter?

  2. Tom Biasi

    Tom Biasi Guest

    I work on old radios and all I ever needed was my DMM. In the old days I
    used a VTVM. Hi impedance and proper range is all you need.
  3. John Fields

    John Fields Guest

  4. tempus fugit

    tempus fugit Guest

    Yes, I am. Sorry I was a little unclear.
  5. Tom Biasi

    Tom Biasi Guest

Ask a Question
Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?
You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.
Electronics Point Logo
Continue to site
Quote of the day