Connect with us

Looking for a really small push button at right angles for car keys central locking b

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by apples, Sep 8, 2013.

1. apples

apples

Jul 1, 2012
    I have got my central locking working again on the van. Inside the keys on the PCB is a, well there was, a small tactile type button that was mounted flat with the surface of the circuit board.

It is a right angle button. I need a new one. Can anyone point me in the right direction for one?????

Attached Files:

2. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009
    looks like you have damaged the PCB and the main chip as well

Dave

3. apples

apples

Jul 1, 2012
    ohh, yeah it looks like the chip is chipped.

It still works though when I depress that button mechanizm

4. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    You would need to investigate how the contacts are arranged, but you might find you can replace it with a low profile tactile switch.

5. apples

apples

Jul 1, 2012
    yeah but it needs to be at 90 degrees

6. (*steve*)

Jan 21, 2010
    It pushes in from the side?

7. apples

apples

Jul 1, 2012
    yes. as it pushes in, the little plastic push rod then forces down the metal arm.

8. (*steve*)

Jan 21, 2010
    It could be a custom part. I would probably scour some web sites for momentary switches. you may be able to find something.

Could it be something like this?

I went to digikey, searched for switch, then selected tactile switches, then in the search tool, chose actuator orientation = "side actuated", and for mounting type, I selected both surface mount options.

There's 467 options listed, the one I gave you above was the first hit. Note that I did not specify a quantity of 1, so that one requires an order of 2000 units or something.

Better options might be this, or this. There are several other styles there, so you might have to go hunting.

9. apples

apples

Jul 1, 2012
    wow thanks for that. that looks like a very close match.

Ask a Question