Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Looking for a Mentor - Yamaha CA-800

Yamaha Dean

Jan 19, 2018
I purchased a Yamaha CA800 this past week. Upon inspection I noticed the 4 fuses were broken. I cleaned the unit out with 2 cans of Sprayon EL2302 and then replaced the fuses and they all broke again. The power light does come on. I would like to find someone who might have time to do a Skype video call and walk me through the process of checking what might be the source of the problem. I'm a beginner and would like to learn. Hopefully I can find someone that is willing to teach me and help me repair this great looking CA-800.

I have all the tools for the job BTW.....

Thank you in advance for reading.

Yamaha Dean

Jan 19, 2018
Updated:

Upon inspection I noticed that some of fuses were broken (1 on each side). I cleaned the unit out with 2 cans of Sprayon EL2302 and then replaced the fuses and 2 broke again only this time on the right side as you face the unit. The power light does come on. Please walk me through the process of checking what might be the source of the problem step by step. I'm a beginner/newbie and would like to learn so go easy on me :). Hopefully I can find some people that are willing to teach me how to repair this great looking CA-800. I will post pics as we do this repair together step by step.

I have downloaded the repair manual for the CA-800 and have all the tools required for the job maybe not the parts.....

I have the unit open. Control knobs are off along with the faceplate. I put all screws in baggies and number my steps and take pics. The unit is very clean inside and I'm ready to troubleshoot. Please when offering advice can you send pics or refer me to the CA-800 diagram and explain things to me like I'm a 1st year college student. I what to do step by step. I'm a quick learner however I just need over simplified guidance at first.

Thank you for the much needed help/guidance.

Lets start with step 1.

Yamaha Dean

Jan 19, 2018
This look like a problem area on the board - It looks burned out

Attachments

• Problemburneditseemsarrow.jpg
    Problemburneditseemsarrow.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 70