Connect with us

Looking for a good simulator

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by JPJ, May 20, 2014.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. JPJ

JPJ

May 20, 2014
    There are many different simulation software options out there and I was wondering if anyone had an idea of solid, tried and true ones that are worth trying? So far I've tried LTSpice and it works well enough but I was wondering what else is out there.

2. LvW

LvW

Apr 12, 2014
    According to my experience, there is no big difference between the various simulator programs - as far as their capabilities are concerned.
    Of course, there are differences regarding price and the way how to work with the program (schematic entry, libraries, simulation commands,...).
    Mostly, I work with PSpice (and the main reason is: I am familiar with it). But I like also TOPSpice and Microcap. The advantage of SuperSpice is the ability for finding zeros and poles.
    LTSpice works fine - however I do not like the way the library is organized. For my opinion, somewhat time consuming to find the desired components.

JPJ and Supercap2F like this.
  3. Supercap2F

Supercap2F

Mar 22, 2014
    How about giving us a link to website of the simulators you recommended (it's kind of hard to google there names and find the home website). When I googled TOPSpice it brought up a bunch of cooking websites :)

Thanks
    Dan

4. LvW

LvW

Apr 12, 2014
    TOPSpice is from PENZAR.com

5. Arouse1973

Arouse1973 Adam

Dec 18, 2013
    I like Tina from Texas Instruments.
    Adam

6. shumifan50