Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Looking for a good simulator

JPJ

May 20, 2014
There are many different simulation software options out there and I was wondering if anyone had an idea of solid, tried and true ones that are worth trying? So far I've tried LTSpice and it works well enough but I was wondering what else is out there.

LvW

Apr 12, 2014
According to my experience, there is no big difference between the various simulator programs - as far as their capabilities are concerned.
Of course, there are differences regarding price and the way how to work with the program (schematic entry, libraries, simulation commands,...).
Mostly, I work with PSpice (and the main reason is: I am familiar with it). But I like also TOPSpice and Microcap. The advantage of SuperSpice is the ability for finding zeros and poles.
LTSpice works fine - however I do not like the way the library is organized. For my opinion, somewhat time consuming to find the desired components.

Supercap2F

Mar 22, 2014
How about giving us a link to website of the simulators you recommended (it's kind of hard to google there names and find the home website). When I googled TOPSpice it brought up a bunch of cooking websites :)

Thanks
Dan

LvW

Apr 12, 2014
How about giving us a link to website of the simulators you recommended (it's kind of hard to google there names and find the home website). When I googled TOPSpice it brought up a bunch of cooking websites :)

TOPSpice is from PENZAR.com