Connect with us

Looking for 60A 60V mosfet

Discussion in 'Power Electronics' started by asaf123098, Dec 30, 2019.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun So long, and Thanks for all the Fish!

Aug 27, 2013
    @asaf123098

OK, you can stop your search for a mosfet/transistor.

You will all most certainly be better off using a simple mechanical switch to interrupt the signal source to the speed controller.

If you will simply post a link to the ESC (Electronic Speed Controller) you are using (and if the signal source to the ESC is NOT embedded with the ESC, then a link to whatever device you are using as an input signal to the ESC) , I feel confident someone here will be able to help you achieve a satisfactory means to disable the motor w/o attempting to actively switch 3.6kW.

Cheers!

Fish

2. asaf123098

asaf123098

May 23, 2017
    I think i over complicated it, i basically
    need a switch that can take on 60v and 60a..
    For that im looking for a mosfet as i thought its the best solution.

You mean how did i know they dont work ?

I am using this vesc.

As far as i know, some vescs do have an enable input, i couldn't find any info for that with my vesc..

As mentioned above, im using a vesc, your idea about the signal input switch is possible as the signal input isn't embedded.
    But im looking for that 3.6kw switch because i don't want anything connected to power when the switch is off.. i i have some regulators and leds on the board, so i figured the best way is to just place a mosfet on the main output from the battery, and just "kill" everything with one click.

Im basically trying to copy one of these

3. Harald Kapp

Harald Kapp Moderator Moderator

Nov 17, 2011
    You don't need a dedicated enable input. Just interrupt the pwm signal and ensure that without an active pwm signal a the control input the motor controller is in the off state (e.g. by adding a pull-down resistor from the control input to 0V).

If you don't want to buy one of these, why not simply use the transistors that are used in these: NVMFS5C628NL aas stated on the website you linked?

4. asaf123098

asaf123098

May 23, 2017
    Sorry for the long time to reply,

That actually a great idea, unfortunately i could not find as a through hole, do you think it will be possible to solder it that way ?

5. Harald Kapp

Harald Kapp Moderator Moderator

Nov 17, 2011
  6. asaf123098

asaf123098

May 23, 2017
    Thats great.
    Thank you all !
    You helped me a lot :)

Ask a Question