Connect with us

Longshot identification

Discussion in 'Datasheets, Manuals and Component Identification' started by Tesadorn, May 8, 2013.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Tesadorn

Tesadorn

May 8, 2013
    I know this is a longshot but what the heck maybe one of the gurus here can help.

I am trying to find a replacement part for a Lacie 2 big network storage device.

It seems someone used a laptop charger to try to power it 18v verses 12v

It took out the drives and a couple small transistors..

It has 2 drive bays and it blew one transistor on each side..(they have 2)
    I swapped the remaining good part from one side to the other and now one bay is working fine and the unit is up on the network.. just need to find 2 replacement transistors...
    BTW these control power to the drives...

The part is marked 218s (Q11)

Here is a pic of the part (I can take a shot of the whole board if that would help)
    Thanks in advance!!!!!

[​IMG]

2. CocaCola

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012
    The marking is probably some generic Asian marking, unless you luck upon the brand you will likely never get specifications...

I would probably just get a generic all purpose PNP and NPN signal transistor and give them a whirl... Chances are specifications are not all the crucial and the unit will fire up...

You could try to figure out if it's a NPN or PNP by tracking tracks but it's probably more work then it's worth vs doing a quick on board test, especially if the PC board has internal layers...

3. Tesadorn

Tesadorn

May 8, 2013
    Thanks for the reply!!!

Can you suggest an example? a Digikey or mouser generic?
    I'm not even 100% sure what that package is...

Thanks!

I'll check it tonight when I get home to determine PNP or NPN

4. CocaCola

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012
    Package SOT-23

Example NPN ~ BC847
    Example PNP ~ BC857

Ask a Question