Connect with us

Logitech 3.5mm audio jack

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Repair' started by senia, May 12, 2012.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. senia

senia

May 12, 2012
    Hi there,
    I'm trying to make my logitech headset audio cable shorter.
    Its only 1 cable, that have the power,left audio and right audio.
    I splitted the cable and there is a 3 tiny cables inside:
    1. pink and white
    2.green
    3.blue
    I think the first one(pink with white) is the power cable, and the other two are audio.
    which one is the left? right? and I ordered this connecter:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/1PCS-3-5mm-...s_Adapters&hash=item27c1ac75c9#ht_1443wt_1037
    In the picture you can see, there is a short peace of matle,the right down side in the photo(1), long, the left upper side in the photo (2), and one is long and big(3).
    Can you help me with how to connect them all?
    Theres a photo of my cable:
    http://www.siz.co.il/my/953640801366.JPG
    Thank You!

2. Harald Kapp

Harald Kapp Moderator Moderator

Nov 17, 2011
    Open the original plug and connect the shortened wires in the same way to the new plug.

Harald

3. senia

senia

May 12, 2012
    Thank you for your respond!
    There is no other way?

4. Harald Kapp

Harald Kapp Moderator Moderator

Nov 17, 2011
    It depends on where you have cut the original wire.
    If you can access the wire strands that are still connected to the original plug, you can simply measure (by means of an Ohmmeter) which wire is connected to which part of the original plug. Then wire up this wire from the headset to the corresponding part of the new connector.

By the way; don't forget to put the sleeve of the new connector over the cable befor soldering the first wire. Otherwise you will end up with a fully soldered plug and no way of putting the sleeve over it.
    This may sound silly but it happens all the time.

Harald

5. senia

senia

May 12, 2012
    OK thank you vary much, I think I will just open the plug and see which wire goes where.
    And thank for the tip! will keep it in mind before soldering.

6. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    I might consider cutting the cable at the required point then using a multimeter to determine which wire connects where.

Then I would add another plug wired up the same way on the now shortened end.

Finally, I would wire an inline socket to the cable I removed so I could use it to extend the lead back to the original length should I need to in the future.

Ask a Question