Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Loctite on electrical connections

chopnhack

Apr 28, 2014
The parallel connection of the two diodes is pictured on page 6 of this PDF (3rd picture):
http://www.re-voltage.eu/downloads/ID80V2datasheetR1.pdf

You can see that the two diodes are stacked together and paralleled through spacers (see connection at the right of the diode: the wire is attached to the upper diode only and the spacer transmit current to the lower diode). Therefore the eyelet on these two connections is only attached to one of the two diodes, not both. Basically this means that two of the connections will be used to pass current from one diode to the other.

I see the photo, do you have to stack them? The multiple eyelet solution should work well, but to answer your other question - I have no real world data to answer your question on the difference between the two connections. Screws tend to back off through vibration if there path to rotate is clear. If there is anything in the threads preventing this, then they stay put. The star washer works by exerting an upwards force on the underside of the screw thus preloading it, keeping it in tension against the board. I would probably double nut it, use the loctite and then perhaps hot glue it. Another option that may help to fight the elements is to make your connections singly with eyelets, place stacked (use a rubber band) assembly into a suitable mold and pot it.